OMFG they must be joking. That’s what I first thought when I saw the headline in the Green Prophet: Jordan’s Crazy Star Trek Park Will be a Cleantech Showcase. A Star Trek theme park? My kind of vacation. As some of you know, I’m a bit of a nut about Star Trek. Apparently King Abdullah II is a huge huge huge Star Trek fan, too, and he even managed to get himself a role as an extra in Star Trek Voyager. So now he’s gone and found over a billion dollars to build a Star Trek theme park in Aqaba? Meters from Eilat, Israel’s year-round scuba-snorkel-spa resort-city? Umm. Wow.
Here are the related articles. Have a blast. Check out some of the titles (giggle giggle). I’m sort of in shock.
- US $1.5 bn funding secured for Star Trek attraction (HotelierMiddleEast.com)
- Beam us to the Middle East, Scotty? (USA Today)
- Gonna be in Jordan soon? (StarTrek.com)
- Aqaba: To Boldly Go Where No King Has Gone Before
- The Final Frontier Will be in Aqaba, Jordan
- Chekov, Set the Enterprises Course for… Jordan?
- ‘Trekkies’ to boldly go to Jordan theme park