The theme for my new year:
Last New Years I was secretly thrilled, relieved, and honestly tickled pink that I had someone to kiss. Then it ended a month later.
This year, alone as is usually usual, I have a whirlwind day – this is not such a big deal of a holiday in Israel – AND lucky me gets to work wine until 11 pm.
And as is usually usual – I pick through the events of the last year in hopes of convincing myself it was productive/interesting/memorable. Highlights include:
- A marvelous inspiring five-day trip to Dublin that changed the focus of my life and led me to learn about and work in wine
- Italy and a Mediterranean cruise – got to have a 3 week+ vacation with my family.
- A whirlwind trip to the USA – 6 States in 4 weeks – including a gorgeous visit to Ojai, CA for a wedding, a drop by my old haunt of Milton, DE, and three days of late night Chinese food and chick flicks with my sister in Flushing, NY. Yes, I said Flushing.
- I had my novel professionally read over and critiqued.
- Found an interesting basic little part time job serving/selling/educating people about the finest Israeli wines.
- Moved downtown in from the remote boredom of suburban sprawl (and lack of public transportation).
- And I’m sure a lot more…
- Oh yeah, I turned 30! Had a great party, got over the stigma of being old, of being nowhere near where I thought I would be.
So… as I’ve now taken some 12 hours to complete this post…not having had more than 30 minutes to sit at a time all day…I want to wish you all a very
HAPPY NEW YEAR 2010!
May it bring prosperity and joy to us all.